retired partner, attorney-at-law
Jerry A. Williams
Jerry Williams is a retired partner of Smith, Gilliam, Williams & Miles. For over 40 years, he worked closely with the attorneys at SGWM as the firm’s leading tax law expert.
A former attorney for the Internal Revenue Service, Mr. Williams was known for his in-depth understanding of the ever-changing tax code. He worked closely with clients to protect their assets in business transactions and through estate planning in a way that protected clients’ long-term goals and values.
Mr. Williams remains a prominent member of the Gainesville Rotary Club and served for many years as a board member for Gainesville Independent Schools, where he has served as Treasurer and attorney for Lakeview Academy.
- Valparaiso University School of Law, 1970, J.D.
- Valparaiso University, 1967, B.S. of Civil Engineering
- State of Georgia
- State of Iowa
- US Tax Court
- US District Court of Northern District of Georgia
- US Court of Appeals – 5th Circuit
- US Supreme Court
- US District Court Southern District of Georgia
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- Northeast Georgia Estate Planning Council
- Gainesville-Northeastern Bar Association
- Gainesville Rotary
- Gainesville Independent School Board