Bradley J. Patten
Brad Patten joined Smith, Gilliam, Williams & Miles in 1989 and has an extensive background in bankruptcy and workers’ compensation law. As a court-appointed Chapter 7 trustee since 1997, Mr. Patten has the additional experience of working with debtors and creditors to guide them through the complex process of bankruptcy.
Mr. Patten also handles workers’ compensation claims, representing individuals, employers, and insurers from the initial determination of a compensable injury to retraining and the conclusion of a claim.
Mr. Patten is a Gainesville native and graduate of Gainesville High School and the University of Georgia School of Law. He has strong roots in northeast Georgia and focuses on assisting local bankruptcy and workers’ compensation clients.
- State of Georgia (all US District Courts, all State and Superior Courts, Court of Appeals, Supreme Court)
- US Court of Appeals – 11th Circuit
- Chapter 7 Trustee in Bankruptcy
- State Bar of Georgia, Workers’ Compensation Section, Bankruptcy Section
- Gainesville – Northeastern Bar Association
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees
- The W. Homer Drake, Jr. Georgia Bankruptcy American Inn of Court
- Center Point, Chair (2015–2016)
- Gainesville Ballet Company, Board of Directors (2001–2011)
- Hall County Chamber of Commerce, Beautification Committee (Chairman 1997–98)
- Hall County Chamber of Commerce, Adopt-A-Park Committee (Chairman 1994–96)
- Leadership Hall County (1993)
- 2015 Georgia Trend’s Legal Elite